Sit back, relax & welcome to the Harrison world

Welcome to the daily happenings of the Harrison Family. It's crazy here, but we have a lot of fun. Mamma is clearly a little out numbered by the male species in the house, but it sure keeps things interesting. In our lives, you'll find lots of bugs, blocks, trucks, loud banging, clanging, running, hurdling off couches and beds, endless amounts of energy, no sleep, laughter from the belly, boo-boos, trips to the dr, walks to the park, did i mention no sleep? We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do.

Happy Birthday Brooks!

Oct 25th, at 7:33AM, Brooks Matthew Harrison was born. He weighed in at a healthy 6 pounds 12oz. Let me first start by saying what an incredible experience it was to labor and deliver Brooks. I had wanted a drug free birth (tried previously with Breck and caved last minute for the damn epidural- HATED it) and with Brooks, this was achieved. I keep getting asked WHY??? like I'm a loon... nope, not a loon just something I had researched and desired for several years. I have lots of reasons for wanting a drug free birth, but it definitely was NOT because I wanted a challenge or wanted to show how tough I was! HA... on the contrary, I'm not very tough at all, but really wanted a birth without interventions that could possibly lead to heart decelerations with Brooks or to a c section. I wanted my baby to be alert as possible without any drugs in his system and I also wanted to experience this spectacular gift that God gave women! I used my hypnobabies tools which helped incredibly and the nurse I had was outstanding (thank you amy jones) and really helped me through every moment. I'm still in awe at what our bodies do ON THEIR OWN... I'm so thankful that I was able to do this and really be in the moment when Brooks entered this world. It was the GREATEST experience ever!
Brooks said hello to us with a loud cry and open eyes. When I saw him, it was like I always knew him....can't believe how much bigger my heart grew in a nanosecond.
My recovery was ridiculously fast and was up and walking before i even left the delivery room. The Harrison house is now one more boy strong!

0 comments:

Post a Comment