Sit back, relax & welcome to the Harrison world

Welcome to the daily happenings of the Harrison Family. It's crazy here, but we have a lot of fun. Mamma is clearly a little out numbered by the male species in the house, but it sure keeps things interesting. In our lives, you'll find lots of bugs, blocks, trucks, loud banging, clanging, running, hurdling off couches and beds, endless amounts of energy, no sleep, laughter from the belly, boo-boos, trips to the dr, walks to the park, did i mention no sleep? We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do.

911

Look how joyous and happy everyone looks here! I think these firemen thought I was a bit Crazy... I'm sure they nicknamed me 'freak mom of the year' as soon as they hopped in ... not 1, not 2, but 3 enormous firetrucks, followed by the chief car and 3 more police cars. Let me go back.... I ran out of the house and left my mom with the boys. They were upstairs playing, but I smelled burning plastic the second i walked in the door. I ran upstairs, panicking (since our house was newly under contract, yet we hadn't signed it away yet) and searching every outlet I could find. I looked in the attic... Nothing. Felt walls... nothing, just that strong smell of something burning sent my nostrils and brain into a state of mild alarm. My mom smelled it too.... so after an absurd call to my husband at work, begging for answers, I hung up and called 911. Now, I didn't say we had a fire... just that i smelled something burning and apparently it's protocol to send an army of hook & ladder trucks and police cars. They all trooped in with their axes and gear... searching high and low. As least I wasn't a complete fool because they smelled it too. Eventually, they looked in a sconce under our loft and found a tiny burning nerf ball that was ejected from Breck's gun about 20 minutes prior. I sheepishly said, "sorry guys... sorry for wasting your time... but ya think i could grab a quick picture to remember this moment?" That's where the crazy steps in. They all so kindly posed out front for several pictures. How great is that?! The boys thought the whole spectacle was stupendous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment