Sit back, relax & welcome to the Harrison world

Welcome to the daily happenings of the Harrison Family. It's crazy here, but we have a lot of fun. Mamma is clearly a little out numbered by the male species in the house, but it sure keeps things interesting. In our lives, you'll find lots of bugs, blocks, trucks, loud banging, clanging, running, hurdling off couches and beds, endless amounts of energy, no sleep, laughter from the belly, boo-boos, trips to the dr, walks to the park, did i mention no sleep? We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do.

February 2013 BRAXTON IS HERE!!!!!!






February 26th is THE Day!  Wow, seriously crazy labor.  Let me set the scene of how it all went down.  The night before, I was sitting in front of the TV watching the Bachelor. I was highly annoyed because the show grosses me out, but I'm compelled to watch it EVERY freaking season.  All of a sudden, pop... "Uh, Brian, my water just broke."  He just looks at me like "are you sure?" 
"UM, I'm sure..... no denying this one."
There was absolutely NO rush because I hadn't had any contractions and still wasn't.  I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go to the hospital right then... but of course, everyone else thought I should.  My Dad came over to hang out in the house with the other sleeping monkeys.  We headed off to Presby without a single bit of pain or urgency.  I walked myself right in there all calm and composed despite the nice wet pants that I couldn't get rid of.
I think my water broke at 10:30PM and my contractions didn't start until about 3:30 AM while walking the maternity floor.  By 5:30, things were really rolling.  I started hearing from the nurse "Well, it shouldn't be long now!"  Not the case.  My labor went on FOREVER for a fourth baby.  It was like a cruel, cruel joke every time I heard "not much longer!"  I chose not to get the epidural again just because I hate the after effects and I didn't want to risk the chance of it slowing labor down or worse yet...leading to other interventions and ending in a C section.  Anyway, this labor was harder than my last despite I didn't even have back labor.  It just NEVER went away and I hung out at the 9 mark for a good hour to and hour and a half.  Let me tell you.... those are some LONG, HARD contractions to endure for that amount of time.  Just ask my better half about his hand.  I'm surprised I didn't cut off his circulation.  Braxton decided that 11:45AM was the perfect time to arrive.  What a moment... Nothing EVER compares to it.  My littlest of littles was here.

The big brothers arrived adorably in their Big Bro shirts and were the hit of the hospital.  They were SO very interested and excited about baby Braxton.  They sanitized up and dove right in to check him out.  Braxton is a lucky guy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment